Friday, March 9, 2012

DIY/ Quote Art

As of late I've been seeing beautiful pieces of simple art where people take a favorite quote and basically make a large poster of it. I wanted one too, so I took the time to make one of my own and I love it. (I plan on making more soon!)

This DIY is really simple to make and there are couple of ways to make it. I choose the Stencil and marker way! But there is also the vinyl letters and paint way!

Materials
Poster Board (mine is 22x28 which i think is standard size)
A quote
Markers or Paint
Stencils or Vinyl letters
Ruler
Frame
 The first step is to choose the quote and figure out the layout you want on your poster board. For this one I choose to to have the 1st and last word the only words on that particular line as well as in a different font from the rest. Once you figure this out draw lines and begin to trace the stencils.

If you choose to use the vinyl letters do the same but stick the letters down in place of tracing the stencils. I'm sure this way is much faster.

 After I have traced the letters I choose to outline them in the red marker first and then took the time to color them in as you can see in the bottom picture.
If your using the vinyl letters you can leave it as is or paint over the letters with what ever color use choose and when the paint dries you can remove the letters and get a different effect.


The finished look:

I truly love how it turn out!

A few notes: because I already had these items at home this project cost me nothing but I know the poster board is less than 50 cent at Target and I got my packs of stencils from Walmart for 4 dollars
Also the frame set me back $20 at Target but I know now that I can get it for cheaper at Walmart! (so going there next time) Hope you guys are inspired to make something this weekend

No comments:

Post a Comment