Sunday, March 3, 2013

Statement- Return to Blogging




I took some time away from my blog (almost a year) to figure something’s out. I read many other blogs (studied them is more like it), read books on blogging (this one in particular, Blog Inc. By Joy Cho) and took notes. When I first started this blog I had a different career choice and had different intentions for what I wanted this blog to be. When I changed my choice in careers it changed my passion and I found it hard to blog about the things I was blogging about. While I was away I had to figure out whether I wanted to blog again. Did I want to press and keep blogging about what I had been or change my blog altogether? I realized I really enjoyed blogging and I still wanted to blog, but what to blog about?

I decided that a lifestyle blog may be the more fitting  choose for me. I write in my diary (yes I keep a diary) on a daily basis and I thought my blog could be a reflection of that, like a picture diary. I wanted to showcase my daily activities, things I love and love to do. I don’t believe I will get as personal as my actual diary but I do want this to be something my family and friends can see and also something I can look at years from now and possibly laugh at. I still plan to do outfit post and maybe some food post as well but this will be more about my life, the ones I love and the things I love doing.

Thanks for understanding the change and sticking around. I appreciate this, regular post should resume soon. 

 –draiaha-haile

No comments:

Post a Comment